Symptoms of the common issues of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, which this service will repair:
- Key does not turn in the ignition due to failed EIS
- Key doesn’t turn during cold weather
- Key may turn, but the instrument cluster lights don’t turn on
- Unable To Turn The Key, Unable To Start The Car
- Can turn the key but car won’t start
- Mercedes key intermittently works
- Push start button no longer works
What you need to do: you will need to
a) Remove the Ignition switch
This task requires special skills and tools!!!
Mercedes-Benz's ignition switch (often referred to as immobilizer module) can become faulty, and in some cases due to user error. For example, some common reasons why the ignition module failed are:
- Low battery voltage
- Power surge due
- Connecting jump-starting cables while key is in the ignition.
During any of the above scenarios, the EIS-EZS may lose its memory. While it can be diagnosed with Start Diagnostic Scanner used at dealerships, it can’t be repaired with this scanner. Mercedes' dealers don’t repairer a bad EIS-EZS module. They will recommend that the module be replaced. That’s not necessarily the only solution, see alternatives below.
We will repair your issue and mail out the ignition switch within 48-72 hours of receiving your
1) Ignition switch,
2) Existing keys for the ignition switch.